Skip to Content

Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.

Meadow Cemetery

Meadow Cemetery Photo from the Texas Historic Sites Atlas. Meadow Cemetery Historical Marker

Also known as Old Meadow Cemetery

Directions

804 3rd St Meadow. From Meadow post office at intersection of Moorhead and N Renfro streets go west on Moorhead 1 mile to top of hill, turn north on CR 525 and proceed 1 more miles

Information

Burials from 1921 to present

History

This burial ground has served Meadow and Northeast Terry County since 1921. Meadow originated in the early 20th century as Primrose, where settler W.N. Copeland opened a store and post office. The town later moved and was renamed for its location on a green pasture. In 1917, when the Santa Fe relocated to its current site to meet it; settlers used this property near the community, for interments. Cemetery features include curbing and grave slabs. Among those interred are veterans and community leaders. Today Meadow Cemetery continues to serve the Meadow Community while chronicling the history of the area’s pioneering families. - Historical Marker text. Marker erected 2009.

Transcriptions

Meadow Cemetery Transcription from the Terry County TXGenWeb site

Meadow Cemetery Transcription at Cemeteries-of-Texas

Meadow Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com. Over 1000 graves.

Photos

Old Meadow Cemetery Photo at Cemeteries-of-Texas

Meadow Cemetery Photo from the Texas Historic Sites Atlas.



book | by Dr. Radut