Skip to Content

Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.

San Saba City Cemetery

San Saba City Cemetery photo from the Texas Historic Sites Atlas

Also known as

  • Odd Fellows Cemetery

  • City Cemetery

  • San Saba Cemetery

Directions

.2 miles north of US 190 on State Highway 16, on west side of the highway

On West side of 16 in northern San Saba city limits.

History

SAN SABA CEMETERY, PREVIOUSLY THE ODD FELLOWS CEMETERY, IS LOCATED ON 17 ACRES OF LAND ABOUT 800 YARDS NORTH OF OLD TOWN SAN SABA. ON APRIL 18, 1883 THE SAN SABA CHAPTER OF THE INDEPENDENT ORDER OF ODD FELLOWS (IOOF) PURCHASED 10 ACRES OF THIS LAND FROM J.J. STOCKBRIDGE TO ESTABLISH A CEMETERY, WHICH THEY MAINTAINED FOR 45 YEARS. ON APRIL 3, 1929, THE NEWLY INCORPORATED SAN SABA CEMETERY ASSOCIATION PURCHASED THE CEMETERY FOR $1.00 AND AN ADDITIONAL 7 ACRES FROM MRS. MAY HOLMAN, ALSO FOR $1.00. IN 1935 BURIALS FROM SAN SABA’S EARLIEST CITY CEMETERY, NOW ROGAN FIELD, WERE REINTERRED HERE. THE CEMETERY REFLECTS SAN SABA’S EARLIEST TIMES AND IS A CONTINUING RECORD OF THE LIVES AND CULTURE OF ITS CHANGING PEOPLE. - Historical Marker Text

Transcriptions

San Saba City Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com

Photos

City Cemetery Photos from the Texas Tombstone Project

San Saba City Cemetery photo from the Texas Historic Sites Atlas



book | by Dr. Radut