Skip to Content

Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.

Harris Cemetery

Directions

10 mi E, .5 mi N of Hwy 190 on CR 132

East of San Saba off 190. North of 190 on county road.

History

Harris Cemetery. This burial ground was apparently already in use in 1874 when A.J. and Ellen Crawford deeded it to trustees D.A. harris, A.J. Wells, James Wayland, F. Brookerson and W.L. Adams as part of a five-acre site to be used for a school and place of worship. The earliest dated grave is that of N.M. Baker (1819-1877). The 1868 stone of James L. Crawford, A.J. Crawford’s father, was relocated here from nearby Crawford-Whitehurst Cemetery after a flood but his remains are lost. A physical reminder of early San Saba County history, Harris Cemetery is maintained by an association and continues to serve the community.  Historic Texas Cemetery – 2000  - Historical Marker Text.

Transcriptions

Harris Cemetery Transcription from the USGenWeb Archives

Harris Cemetery Transcription from Cemeteries-of-Texas.com

Harris Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com

Photos

Harris Cemetery Photos from the Texas Tombstone Project



book | by Dr. Radut