Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Real County Cemeteries
Welcome to Real County Cemeteries!
We've compiled cemetery listings, inventories, transcriptions, headstone photos, grave readings, maps, location and other information for each of the cemeteries in Real County -- and we're looking for more information to add to these pages.
Real County (pronounced re-AL), is part of the Edward Plateau in Southwestern Texas, surrounded by Edwards, Kerr, Bandera and Uvalde Counties. Leakey (pronounced lee-A-key), the county seat is about 100 miles from San Antonio.
Cemeteries are sorted alphabetically by name. To make it easier to find the cemetery you are looking for, if the cemetery is known by two (or three or more) names, the cemetery is also listed by those names, as well. So, you may find one cemetery listed several times because over time the cemetery called different names.
Whenever possible, we included a map to the cemetery. Sometimes we could get you close on the map, but not to the cemetery gate (you'll see those occasions labelled as "map location approximate").
Death Records Online
- Texas Death Index 1901-1905 compiled from newspaper obituaries and death notices.
- Texas Deaths 1890-1976 Index and images of Texas statewide death certificates
- Texas Death Index 1903-2000 search thousands of death records
- Social Security Death Index Search over 92 million death records 1936-present
- Texas Obituaries Search through thousands of Texas obituaries