Skip to Content

Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.

Pleasant Grove Cemetery

Directions

Pleasant Grove.  From Goldthwaite, take Highway 572 SE about 12 miles, then go south on county road about 1 mile.

History

Named for the live oaks banking Simms Creek, Pleasant Grove was settled by Civil War veterans from both the North and South. The farm of Tom Berry (1844-1926) of Alabama adjoined this cemetery, opened with the burial of his daughter Mary (1872-1876). Pleasant Grove Methodist Church and a community school also stood nearby. Donations maintained the site until a cemetery association was organized in 1969. Church trustees added 15 acres to the burial ground in 1970. In over 400 graves, many unmarked, lie early settlers and their descendants. - Historical Marker Text

Transcriptions

Pleasant Grove Cemetery Transcription from Cemeteries-of-Texas

Pleasant Grove Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com



book | by Dr. Radut