Skip to Content

Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.

North Browns Cemetery

Also known as North Brown Cemetery

Directions

North Brown. Off SH 16 on private road, 5 mi. N of Goldthwaite

History

Named for creek followed by homeseekers, this burial ground originated about 1857 when death struck at a nearby campsite. In the 1870s North Brown farming community surrounded this site. It had a school and held church services in the schoolhouse. In 1895 local leaders A. A. Boulter, G. M. O'Quin, and J. S. Weatherby secured a deed to the acreage in which graves had so long existed, and the North Brown Cemetery Association was formed. After school had closed, proceeds from sale of its site were pledged in 1967 for cemetery care. Pioneer families continue burials here. Historical Marker Text.  Marker erected 1976.

Transcription

North Brown Cemetery Transcription from Cemeteries-of-Texas

North Brown Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com



book | by Dr. Radut