Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Sand Prairie Cemetery
1 mi. S. of Normangee. Located one half mile south of Normangee, 5203 Springfield Rd.
Approx. 100 graves, earliest about 1870s. WWI. George is at the junction of Farm roads 39 and 1452, twelve miles northwest of Madisonville in northwestern Madison County. A station on the Trinity and Brazos Valley Railway was established there in 1907 at the site of a small store owned by George Donaho and a post office called George that opened in 1903. Later, Donaho and Charlie Martin built a larger store there with the post office and a steam gin in the back; the gin operated until the 1930s. … The only church in the community, the Sand Prairie Baptist Church, was still conducting services in the 1980s. - Texas Historical Commission
Sand Prairie Cemetery Transcription from the Madison County TXGenWeb site
Sand Prairie Cemetery Transcription from the USGenWeb Archives
Sand Prairie Cemetery Graves from findagrave