Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Madison County Cemeteries M-N
Cemetery listings, inventories, transcriptions, headstone photos, grave readings, maps, location and other information.
Martin Grave >>
- Located 1 mi. S. of North Zulch
Miller Family Cemetery
- Off FM 1372, W. of Madisonville. Located on Grant Road. Take Highway 21 West from Madisonville, to FM 1372, turn left. Grant Road is first road to East. The grave is about 100 feet down Grant Road from intersection at very edge of road.
- Baby’s grave, 1888.
- Miller Family Cemetery Transcription from the USGenWeb Archives
- Miller Cemetery Transcription from the Madison County TXGenWeb site
- Also known as Old Mills Place Graveyard
- From the intersection of OSR and FM 1452 W go east on FM 1452 to David Ln. (David Lane is also CR 355.). Turn right onto David Ln. and go south .75 miles to Joe David's driveway. Turn right into Joe David's driveway, past his house and barn and to his back fence, which is about .25 miles. There is a gate in his back fence. At this point, look to the left and you will see a very large cedar tree in an open pasture, about 200 feet south of the gate and about 50 feet west of the fence line.
- Endangered-ranch area. Private property. Parts of two tombstones lying next to tree. The previous landowner said that when he bought the property, the stones were sitting upright about 10 feet west of this tree. He was told by other old timers in the area that there was a baby buried here also, but no one is certain of that. There was information on only one of the tombstones. These tombstones and tree are located on an 84 acre tract that is owned by Senator Ranch. Single grave, 1906. - Texas Historical Commission
- Mills Cemetery Transcription from the Madison County TXGenWeb site
- Mills Cemetery Transcription from the USGenWeb Archives
- SH 21, 2 mi. W of Midway. Located in a pasture off Hwy 21 East, west of Midway approx. two miles on North side of 21, about 250 yards into pasture on private property.
- Two graves, earliest 1865. Mitchell James (1795-1870) and Calpernia (Franklin) (1805-1865) Mitchell came to Texas from Virginia in 1833 and received a Mexican land grant. In 1837 James served as a member of the commission to locate the seat of the newly formed Montgomery County; in 1846, when Walker County was formed, he became one of the first county commissioners. The Mitchell House and Inn of the Old San Antonio Road provided rest for weary travelers and served as an area post office from about 1840 to 1850. The parents of Edwin, Thomas, James, Nathan, and Anthony Wayne, Calpernia and James were interred in the family cemetery near this site. - Historical Marker for James and Calpernia Mitchell.
- Mitchell Family Cemetery Transcription from the USGenWeb Archives
- Mitchell Cemetery Transcription and photos from the Madison County TXGenWeb site
- Mitchell Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com