Skip to Content

Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.

Springlake Cemetery

Directions

From Springlake take US 385 north 2 miles; to FM 2901, head west on 2901, 2 miles and turn north onto county road, about 1.3 miles to cemetery

History

This burial ground served the original residents of Springdale Community. The area was opened for settlement in 1908 by the George C. Wright Land Company. It was named for the nearby Springlake Ranch. D. B. Shipley donated the first two acres for the cemetery. The first burial took place in 1909. Of the 356 known graves, five are unmarked. The community of Springlake was relocated in 1935, 4.75 miles southeast. The town once had a hotel, supply store, school and post office, but only the cemetery remains at the original site. - Historical Marker Text.  Marker erected 1980.

Transcriptions

Springlake Cemetery Transcription from Cemeteries-of-Texas

Springlake Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com. Over 500 graves listed.



book | by Dr. Radut