Skip to Content

Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.

Truby Cemetery

Directions

FM 707 S, W on CR 474, north of rocky hill, Anson

From Anson go south on 83-277 for 1 mile to the junction with FM 707. Turn right (west) on 707 and go south for 7.8 miles to CR 474 on the right (west) side of road. Turn west (right) CR 474 and go .4 miles CR 461. Turn right (north) and go .20 to the gate at the cemetery. OR 9 miles SW of Anson, w on 474. At top of hill, right or (north to cemetery). Cemetery will be south of the Clearfork River and west of FM 707 on a rocky hill.

History

Several gravestones at this site attest to its use as a burial ground by nearby settlers before members of the Daughtrey family, early area ranchers, formally deeded these three acres for cemetery use on December 4, 1906. The oldest marked grave is that of infant Madge S. McCargo (1897-1898), granddaughter of pioneer Baptist minister George W. Scarborough and his wife Martha, who settled on this land in 1877. Caring descendants erected a fence in the 1950s and a flagpole in 1998 out of respect for the pioneers, veterans, and citizens laid to rest here; their gravestones remain a chronicle of the heritage of Jones County. - Historical Marker Text.  Historic Texas Cemetery Marker erected 2000.

Transcriptions

Truby Cemetery Transcription from Cemeteries-of-Texas

Truby Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com

 



book | by Dr. Radut