Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Just SE of Redwood Community, 25 miles north of Seguin on SH 123, 3 miles NE on FM 1978, .4 miles east on CR 245 (Redwood Road). Near Cottonwood Creek.
5488 Redwood Road, Redwood, Texas
In 1885 German settlers in the community of Redwood founded a cemetery association. They purchased two acres of land located near Cottonwood Creek for a graveyard from A. H. and Sallie Fleming. A church and schools had been established nearby. The earliest marked grave is that of 15-year-old Lizzie Heidemeyer in August 1896. Among the nearly 70 burials are many of the founding members and their families. The site fell into disrepair but was cleaned and restored by descendants of the early immigrants. The volunteers also placed a gate with a sign and installed a flagpole. Incise at marker base: Donated by the heirs of founding association. - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1996.
Redwood Cemetery Transcription from the Guadalupe County TXGenWeb site
Redwood Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com