Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Lone Oak Cemetery
On Barbarosa Rd and Freidens Church Rd near Geronimo
North on SH 123 from Seguin, then 2.5 miles on Cordova Road, then north 4.5 mile on Barbarossa Road to intersection with Friedens Church Road.
On January 17, 1897, German immigrants living in the Geronimo area met at Specht School to discuss the need for a community cemetery. The group formed a "Friedhof Gesellschaft," or cemetery association, and within a week purchased a five-acre plot of land from Ernst Puls and designated it the Lone Oak Cemetery. The following year the first burial, that of the one-week-old, unnamed son of Ernst and Bertha Puls, took place. Since its founding, over 900 burials have taken place, and several older 19th century graves have been relocated here as well. (1992) Incise at bottom: In Memory of Kenneth Engler by George and Sylvia Engler. - Historical Marker Text
Lone Oak Cemetery Transcription from the Guadalupe County TXGenWeb site
Lone Oak Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com