Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Jauer Family Cemetery
Also known as Jauer Cemetery
Located behind Saengerhalle, north off Hwy 46 and Saengerhalle Road. SE of New Braunfels.
From New Braunfels, go east on SH 46 from IH 35 to Saengerhalle Rd (about 1.5 miles); turn left at blinking light and go to 255 Saengerhalle Rd, the cemetery is located about 1000 feet from the rad behind Saengerhall
Jauer Family Cemetery Johann Carl Ludwig Jauer (1812-1901) and Anna Caroline Alemeier (1824-1868) married in 1851 and settled on this Fisher and Miller Colony land acquired through an 1847 contract with the German Emigration and Railroad Company. The burial ground was likely set aside with the 1853 death of an unnamed infant daughter. It is believed that one of their twin daughters, Maria Dorothea (1854-1855), is also buried here. A single stone marks the burials of Ludwig, Anna and daughter Karoline (1862-1873). Ludwig Jauer, a prominent landowner, remarried in 1880 and had two more children before being laid to rest on his Clear Springs land. Historic Texas Cemetery-2002. - Historical Marker Text
Jauer Cemetery Transcription from the Guadalupe County TXGenWeb site
Jauer Family Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com
Jauer Family Cemetery photo from the Texas Historic Sites Atlas