Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
.6 miles east of FM 1044 and north of Weil Road.
This Cemetery was created by Heinrich and Friedericke Helmke in 1886 located on the Helmke "Homeplace" which was bounded on the East by the New Braunfels - Marion Road (today Texas # 1044), on the South by Weil Road and on the West by the Santa Clara Road and on the North by the Green Valley Road. The "Homeplace" was located on the Headwater of the East Fork of the Santa Clara Creek. The Cemetery in on the top of a Hill about 1500 feet north of Weil Road; .6 miles west of the old Marion Road (Texas 1044). The intersection of the old Marion Road and Weil Road is about 4.5 miles south East of Interstate 35 which is just outside the City Limits of New Braunfels, Texas. The Cemetery is 2 miles inside Guadalupe County. The Cemetery is located on land surronded by land owned by Paul Hoffmann and permission to enter property should be sought from Paul Hoffmann on Weil Rd. - findagrave.com
The Burial Plots are enclosed by a beautifully crafted wrought iron fence which is in reasonably good shape (1993).
Helmke Cemetery Transcription from the Guadalupe County TXGenWeb site
Helmke Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com