Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Also known as Cottonwood Cemetery
South of Seguin, 1 mile past the intersection of 477; on east side Hwy 123.
14700 block of SH 123S, Seguin
222 Dugger Lane
Burials from 1872 to present
Maintained by the Dugger-Cottonwood Cemetery Association
Originally named Cottonwood Cemetery, this burial ground is the final resting place for many pioneers of the Cottonwood Community. It was later renamed for H.A. Dugger (d. 1881), who with his wife Nancy (d. 1909) donated property for the cemetery and for a school which also bore his name. The earliest burials here are of Lee Dora Southern and her uncle, Asa Southern, who in 1872 were killed by robbers while traveling through. In 1935, Henry A. Seay donated additional land for cemetery use. Features include curbing, grave slabs, interior fencing, and fraternal gravestones. Today, the Dugger Cemetery association, organized in 1959, continues to maintain this burial ground. Historic Texas Cemetery – 2007. - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 2009.
Dugger Cemetery Transcription from the Guadalupe County TXGenWeb site
Dugger Cemetery, Union Valley Transcription from the USGenWeb Archives
Dugger Cemetery Graves from findagrave.com
Dugger Cemetery Photos from the Texas Tombstone Project
Dugger Cemetery photo from the Texas Historic Sites Atlas