Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Christ Lutheran Church of Elm Creek Cemetery
Also known as
Elm Creek Christ Lutheran Church Cemetery
Elm Creek Lutheran Church Cemetery
Elm Creek Cemetery
Oak Creek Cemetery
Christ Lutheran Church, Hwy 123-North of 467 - Near New Berlin
Intersection of Sterling Road and Church Road.
From New Berlin go south on 775 to junction of 467. Go east on 467 to junction with Church Road to the north. The cemetery is on the east side of Church Road, close to Oak Creek Church.
German immigrants who settled in this area began meeting together for worship services in the 1880s. Initially meeting in homes or the local schoolhouse, the group officially organized a Lutheran congregation with the assistance of the Rev. Carl Kreutzenstein. After the first two sanctuaries were destroyed in storms in 1886, a new building was dedicated on February 28, 1887. Worship services were conducted exclusively in the German language until the 1940s. An adjacent historic cemetery, founded in 1886, is maintained by the congregation. - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1990.
Christ Lutheran Church of Elm Creek Transcription from the Guadalupe County TXGenWeb site
Elm Creek Cemetery Transcription from the USGenWeb Archives
Christ Lutheran Church of Elm Creek Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com