Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Marschall Meusebach Cemetery
Also known as Marschall Cemetery, Von Meusebach and William Marschall Von Bieberstein Cemetery
Located on north side of Cherry Spring Road, about 1.2 miles east of Cherry Spring.
Take US 87 northwest approx. 17 miles to Cherry Spring Rd.; then east on Cherry Spring approx .5 miles to Marshall Cemetery Rd.; then north on cemetery road .2 miles
Cherry Mountain - Hwy 87N 18.1 miles from the Fredericksburg Post Office on Cherry Springs Road about 1/2 mile east of Hwy 87, then a short walk of about two blocks to the cemetery.
Members of the families of two former German noblemen, related by marriage, are buried in this cemetery. John O. Meusebach (1812-97), who came to the Republic of Texas in 1845 as leader of the German Emigration Company, established (1846) the town of fredericksburg and signed (1847) an historic peace treaty with the Comanche Indians. Wilhelm Marschall Von Bierberstein (1822-1902) settled in this community in 1848. First burial here was that of Marschall's sister-in-law, Mathilda Weiss (1824-91). - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1976.
Transcriptions and Photos
Marschall - Meusebach Cemetery Transcription from the Gillespie County TXGenWeb site
Marschall Meusebach Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com
Marschall Meusebach Cemetery Transcription from the USGenWeb Archives
Marschall Meusebach Cemetery Photos from the Texas Tombstone Project