Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Gillespie County Cemeteries I-J
Cemetery listings, inventories, transcriptions, headstone photos, grave readings, maps, location and other information.
- Located in far eastern Menard County
James W. Gartrell Cemetery
- Aka Gaston Rainer Cemetery
- Near Fall Prong
- On the Ranch of James W. Gartrell Jr. Tombstone reads “Gaston Ranier, Born September 17, 1839. Murdered by Ed Janes July 4, 1884.Gartrell Jr. Ed Janes and Gaston Rainer had a disagreement, and bitter feelings had arisen between them. Janes rode his horse up near Rainer, who was also on horseback, and shot him. Ed Janes ran from the law for 8 years. He finally gave himself up, was tried for the killing, and was acquitted. - Texas Historic Sites Atlas
Johann Peter Crenwelge, Sr. Family Cemetery
- Cherry Spring, Restricted access to cemetery
John Kirchner Family Cemetery
- Pecan Creek, restricted access to the cemetery
John Klein Cemetery
- Tivydale, on private property
- John Klein Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com
- John Klein Headstone photos from the Fredericksburg and Gillespie County Genealogy Cemetery Photo Collection.
Juenke Family Cemetery #1 and #2
- Both located in Tivydale
- Restricted access to both cemeteries
- Located in Southwest Gillespie County, on north side of Fiedler Road, NE of 783 (Kerrville Road) just before Fiedler Road crosses Klein Branch.
- Jung Headstone photos from the Fredericksburg and Gillespie County Genealogy Cemetery Photo Collection.
- Jung Transcription from the Gillespie County TXGenWeb site
- Jung Cemetery Transcription from the USGenWeb Archives