Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Cave Creek Cemetery
Also known as Saint Pauls Lutheran Church Cemetery
From Fredericksburg, Jct. 290 E and RR 1631 9.6 miles. Cemetery is on the left next to a church. Well-maintained, small cemetery just outside of Fredericksburg on Cave Creek.
10 mi. NE of Fredericksburg on RR 1631/Koennecke-Eckhardt Rd
Burials from 1884 to present
St. Paul's Lutheran Church Cemetery. In November 1883, residents of the North Grape Creek community, later known as Cave Creek, formed a German Lutheran congregation, which they named St. Paulus Evangelische Gemeinde an Nord Grape Creek. Conrad Herbort gave land for a sanctuary, cemetery and parsonage. The first burial in the cemetery dates to March 1884, and grave markers feature German inscriptions and ornate ironwork. Church members continue to use the cemetery, which remains a link to the many individuals and families who have contributed over the years to the church and community. Historic Texas Cemetery - 2004 - Historical Marker Text.
Transcriptions and Photos
Cave Creek Cemetery Transcription from the Gillespie County TXGenWeb site
Cave Cemetery Transcription from Cemeteries of Texas
Cave Creek Cemetery Photos from the Texas Tombstone Project
St. Paul Lutheran Headstone photos from the Fredericksburg and Gillespie County Genealogy Cemetery Photo Collection.
Cave Creek Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com
St. Paul Lutheran Cemetery Transcription from the USGenWeb Archives
Saint Paul Lutheran Cemetery Transcription from the Gillespie County TXGenWeb site