Skip to Content

Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.

Tehuacana Cemetery

Also known as Tehuacana Community Cemetery

Directions

From Moore, take Hwy. 462 North 5-6 miles. Cross the Tehuacana Creek Bridge and make an immediate left (going southwest) onto dirt road. Follow dirt road 2-3 miles southwest to cemetery.

History

Original 1.86 acre site given by James E. and Amanda R. Bandy. First burial was in 1875. Community acquired adjoining 3.6 acres in 1880 for a log church and a day, writing, and music school; added 6.2 acres in 1881 for a frame parsonage and church called Wilson Chapel and Salem Sunday School. Tehuacana Church moved to Medina County in 1900. Buried here are early pioneers: victims of 1882-1884 smallpox epidemics; twelve Confederate veterans; Levi Wilson, one of three original church trustees. 1967 - Historical Marker Text

Transcriptions

Tehuacana Cemetery Transcription from Cemeteries-of-Texas.com

Tehuacana Cemetery Transcription from the Frio County TXGenWeb site

Tehuacana Community Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com



book | by Dr. Radut