Skip to Content

Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.

Moore Catholic Cemetery

Also known as

  • Moore Cemetery

  • Moore Latin American Cemetery

Directions

Far western end of 6th Street on south side of road, Moore.

History

This site was deeded to the Moore Catholic Church in 1902 by Ben Duncan, who also gave land for the church structure. Burials occurred before the land was donated. The earliest known grave is that of Christine Tehas (1819-1894). Mostly Spanish names appear on the gravestones, but English and German ones are also seen. Graves here include those of pioneer settlers, and veterans of Indian battles and two World Wars, as well as a Virginia-born ex-slave. A cemetery board was organized in 1974. (1976) - Historical Marker Text

Transcriptions

Moore Catholic Cemetery Transcription from Cemeteries-of-Texas.com

Moore Catholic Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com

Moore Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com

Catholic Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com



book | by Dr. Radut