Skip to Content

Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.

Caudle Cemetery

Also known as South Bolton Cemetery

Directions

8 miles SE of Dublin. Cemetery is in a pasture and is very badly grown up in under brush. 8.8 miles SE of Dublin on FM 219, then 2.9 miles east/northeast on CR 284 to gate of Flying B Ranch, then 1 mile east on RR to cemetery.

Information

Although 26 graves were noted marked with fieldstones, probably many more have been covered or destroyed by time and erosion. It appears that this cemetery once covered a much larger area than indicated.

Website for Caudle Cemetery Project

History

Once known as "South Bolton Cemetery," this is the final resting place of Mary Follis (d.1879), who was buried here during the ownership of James and Louisa Franks. Hers is the earliest marked grave. T. W. Bolton bought the land in 1879, and James Robert and Tennessee Caudle purchased it in 1883. Family matriarch Rebecca Clayton Caudle, widow of Mark Caudle, was buried here in 1886. Fannie Caudle (1877-1895), who died on her wedding day and was buried in her bridal dress, was the last person buried here. There are fifteen marked and more than 40 unmarked graves. Two of those believed to be interred in unmarked graves are Martha Elizabeth Caudle, who died in 1889 or 1890, and her granddaughter, Mamie Caudle. Descendants rediscovered the cemetery and restored it in 1997. (2000) - Historical Marker Text

Transcriptions

Caudle Cemetery Transcription from Cemeteries-of-Texas.com

Caudle Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com



book | by Dr. Radut