Skip to Content

Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.

Bullock Cemetery

Bullock Cemetery Photo from Google Earth

Directions

3 mi. N of Ranger on FM 717, off Caddo Road, near the Stephens County line.

Information

Maintained by the Bullock Cemetery Assn.

History

When baby Georgia A. Barnes was interred on William Nolen's land in 1878, there was a one-room schoolhouse on this site. A three-year-old girl was buried here in 1884, and in 1886 William Nolen donated two of his 160 acres for the formal establishment of a school and cemetery for the area later known as the Bullock community. In 1918 the cemetery and school property were leased for drilling, but the resulting well did not produce. More land was donated as needed, including the site of the old oil well. The Bullock Cemetery Association was formed in the 1960s. Bullock Cemetery continues to serve the area. - Historical Marker Text.  Marker erected 1998.

Transcriptions

Bullock Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com

Photos

Bullock Cemetery Photos from the Texas Tombstone Project

Bullock Cemetery Photos from the Texas Tombstone Project (Stephens County)

Bullock Cemetery Photos from Cemeteries-of-Texas.com

Bullock Cemetery Photo from Google Earth



book | by Dr. Radut