Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
From Comanche, take SH16 south about 10 miles, then go about .4 miles east on FM 1476.
Pioneer settlers of this area of Comanche County arrived in the mid-1850s and established a town named for the nearby South Leon River. P.W. Brewer set aside land for a cemetery and church in 1872. Although earlier unmarked burials exist here, the oldest documented grave is that of Rosie E. McCurdy, who died in 1875. After the town name was changed to Newburg in the 1880s, the cemetery also was renamed. Local pioneers and veterans of conflicts dating back to the Mexican War are buried here. A cemetery association maintains the historic graveyard. (1994) - Historical Marker Text
Newburg Cemetery Photo from Cemeteries-of-Texas.com
Newburg Cemetery Partial Transcription from the Comanche County TXGenWeb site
Newburg Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com
Newburg Cemetery Photos from the Texas Tombstone Project
Newburg Cemetery--Photos from the Comanche County TXGenWeb site