Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Brooks County Cemeteries
Welcome to Brooks County Cemeteries!
We've compiled cemetery listings, inventories, transcriptions, headstone photos, grave readings, maps, location and other information for each of the cemeteries in Brooks County -- and we're looking for more information to add to these pages.
Brooks County, part of the Rio Grande Plains region of South Texas, surrounded by Duval, Jim Wells, Kleberg, Kenedy, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg and Starr Counties. Falfurrias, the county seat, is about 170 miles south of San Antonio.
Cemeteries are sorted alphabetically by name. To make it easier to find the cemetery you are looking for, if the cemetery is known by two (or three or more) names, the cemetery is also listed by those names, as well. So, you may find one cemetery listed several times because over time the cemetery called different names.
Whenever possible, we included a map to the cemetery. Sometimes we could get you close on the map, but not to the cemetery gate (you'll see those occasions labelled as "map location approximate").
Death Records Online
- Texas Death Index 1901-1905 compiled from newspaper obituaries and death notices.
- Texas Deaths 1890-1976 Index and images of Texas statewide death certificates
- Texas Death Index 1903-2000 search thousands of death records
- Social Security Death Index Search over 92 million death records 1936-present
- Texas Obituaries Search through thousands of Texas obituaries