Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Prairie Grove Cemetery
FM 58 S from Lufkin 11.3 miles to FM 1818. West 5.4 miles to Prairie Grove Road. South .5 miles to cemetery on east side by church
East of Diboll
Prairie Grove. The community of Prairie Grove began in 1845 and became a place for early settlers to gather. A cemetery began in 1849 when the young daughter of John M. and Caroline Stovall died. In the 1880s a school/church building was erected near the cemetery, and became the heart of the community. The church became the Prairie Grove Missionary Baptist Church in 1921, and a new schoolhouse was built that served the area until 1948 when the school was disbanded. The church and cemetery continue to serve the area after more than a century. - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 1996.
Prairie Grove Cemetery Transcription from the USGenWeb Archives
Prairie Grove Cemetery Transcription from Cemeteries-of-Texas.com
Prairie Grove Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com
Prairie Grove Cemetery Photos from the Texas Tombstone Project
Prairie Grove Cemetery photo from the Texas Historic Sites Atlas