Maps, transcriptions, photos and information for cemeteries in every county in Texas.
Granville. From US 94 take FM 2497 east. Turn right on Kurth Loop .3 mile, turn left through gate, proceed 2.5 miles to end of dirt road
From Hudson go west 0.9 mile to Farm Road 2497; go 2.1 miles on FM 2497 East, turn right and go 0.3 mil on Kurth Loop, turn left, enter locked gate, proceed 2.5 miles to end of dirt road
On private property, near what is known as Eason Lake Hunting Club and is behind several locked gates.
From Hwy.94 west of Lufkin, past Hudson Schools,turn left onto FM 2497 proceed to where the old railroad tracks use to be, turn immediately right,go approx. 1/4 mile to first locked iron gate on left. Follow road straight back for approx. 3 or 3 1/2 miles. Cemetery will be on left over-looking a valley.
17 Graves, burials from 1873 to 1933
In 1860, Orange McCarty, Sr. (1813-1897) and his wife, Mary Arrington (1820-1881), purchased 2200 acres in the Antonio Solis survey that included this site. Their move here from Mississippi was delayed by the outbreak of the Civil War; two McCarty sons died in action fighting for the South. Join by the Arrington and McCall families, the remaining McCartys finally arrived here in 1866 and built a log cabin overlooking Jack Creek. This acre of land was set aside for a cemetery. The earliest marked grave indicates it was in use by 1873. The McCarty Cemetery Association maintains this resting place for these Angelina County Pioneers. - Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 2002.
McCarty Cemetery Transcription from the USGenWeb Archives
McCarty Cemetery Transcription from Cemeteries-of-Texas.com
McCarty Cemetery Graves at findagrave.com
McCarty Cemetery Photos from the Texas Tombstone Project
McCarty Cemetery photos from the Texas Historic Sites Atlas